Follow-up to "Converting Dungeons & Dragon prices in modern day money" post

There are a couple of interesting effects which stem out from giving my players an easy conversion rate between D&D coins and modern currency (as I did here):

  • players understand how big a treasure is when they find it (it's different to say: "we found 1,000 gold coins, and "we found 100,000 Euros, or 100,000 $)
  • players can have an idea of how much things are going to cost around
  • as a DM, I can make up costs without resorting too much to the tables

 
So, for example, if they enter a tavern, I will expect that they could eat something for a price which could go between a one or two silver coins per person, up to 10 silver coins (i.e. 1 gold piece) for something very fancy. In an inn, a normal room will cost probably 4 to 6 silver coins, and so on.

Eager to see what other effects this is going to cause.

Image by Gerd Altmann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Containers for magic potions and scrolls in Dungeons and Dragons

Trenitalia e gli Eurostar